Thursday, October 25, 2012

Pumpkin Patch

So much has changed since I last blogged. We have started a new chapter in our lives. We are living in Conway Springs Kansas now and John is the Pastor of the First Baptist Church here in town. I planned on starting a new blog but everytime I would go to post on the new blog it just seemed silly. So much of me is on this one. None of us know exactly what the future holds. God's plans for us can sometimes take us by surprise but they NEVER take Him by surprise. One thing that hasn't changed is that like usual I am blogging early in the morning because I can't sleep. There's a cold front coming in and so I was achy. Not so achy anymore but just not sleepy. Thankful for the cold front though. I like the cooler weather. Today I made pumpkin bread out of fresh pumpkin. My friend Melanie grew Cinderella pumpkins and she let me have 3 of them. Yum! We had a super fun night tonight. In place of our normal Wednesday night Bible Study our church went out to Poppy's Pumpkin Patch. I totally loved it. A couple in our church owns it and it was great of them to let us all come out. I think we had about 25 of us there. We roasted hot dogs and had S'mores. I even went on a hayrack ride and had my picture taken as a mummy.
John gave a very good devotion comparing us to pumpkins. I had heard it before but there were some really good reminders in it and it was neat to get to hear it at the pumpkin patch. The last point was about letting our lights shine so that people can see Christ in us. Even though we make mistakes and sin God still wants to clean us up and let His light shine through us. Sometimes it's our messups that bring us closer to God and help us better share Christ with others. I'm so glad He uses me even though I'm not a perfect pumpkin. OK .... think I'm gettin just a little to tired. Good night all!

No comments: